Friends of Joshua House Foundation, Inc. Intern Description
Joshua House is a safe haven for abused, abandoned, and neglected children, offering a therapeutic residential group care program that provides a protected, nurturing, family-like environment. These children have been removed from their homes due to crisis and many have been through multiple foster homes.
Friends of Joshua House Foundation Inc. (FOJH) is a 501(c)(3) organization of concerned individuals that have dedicated themselves to developing resources to improve the quality of life for the children of Joshua House. FOJH recently purchased the Joshua House property in Lutz, FL and is currently working to “Restore Joshua House” to once again serve our community’s most vulnerable citizens…its children.
Our Interns will assist us with Restoring Joshua House and then serving the children who will call it home. Interns will receive a wide variety of experiences in many aspects of non-profit fundraising, volunteer management and event planning. Duties will include office/clerical work that is vital to maintaining our donor database and mailing lists; event planning and execution; assisting with group volunteer activities, and communicating with past and future supporters and volunteers. The Intern will also attend event planning meetings and participate as a committee member in all aspects of our events.
- Responding to inquiries from potential volunteers and communicating with them regarding opportunities and processes.
- Participating during planning meetings for events: suggesting ideas, taking meeting notes, calling potential donors, getting quotes from potential vendors.
- Working during events: registration, silent auction, ticket sales, sorting donations or other duties as needed.
- Completing “thank you” letters to donors
- Entering and updating our Donor Database
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets of guests, donations, etc. for our events.
- Accepting donations and providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to pick up and deliver donations is a plus
Strong computer skills: Word & Excel
Other computer program experience a plus (Publisher, Power Point, etc.)
Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a professional manner.
Ability to search for and find information on the Internet.
Internship can be full or part time. Minimum of 2 days (10 hours)/week.
Some weekends required
Note: This is an UNPAID Internship. College credit can be earned, depending on your school and Internship requirements.
How To Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter, including the dates, days and times that you are available to:
Friends of Joshua House Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 26333
Tampa, FL 33623
Note: Following the above instructions regarding how to apply is a very important part of the screening process.