Friends of Joshua House Foundation, Inc. Intern Description
Joshua House is a safe haven for abused, abandoned, and neglected children, offering a therapeutic residential group care program that provides a protected, nurturing, family-like environment. These children have been removed from their homes due to crisis and many have been through multiple foster homes.
Friends of Joshua House Foundation Inc. (FOJH) is a 501(c)(3) organization of concerned individuals that have dedicated themselves to developing resources to improve the quality of life for the children of Joshua House. Although FOJH has been supporting Joshua House for almost 20 years, we purchased the Joshua House property in 2020.
Our Interns will assist us with serving the children who will call Joshua House home, as well as other foster and at-risk children in our community. Interns will get a wide variety of experiences in many aspects of non-profit fundraising, volunteer management and event planning, as well as some residential services. Duties will include office/clerical work that is vital to maintaining our donor data base and mailing lists; event planning and execution; assisting with group volunteer activities and communicating with past and future supporters & volunteers. The Intern will also assist with donations.
Responding to inquiries from potential volunteers and communicating with them regarding opportunities and processes.
• Greeting clients, visitors, and guests; determining the purpose of each person’s visit and directing or escorting him or her to the appropriate location, providing excellent customer service.
• Participating with planning of events: suggesting ideas, calling potential donors, getting quotes from potential vendors.
• Completing “thank you” letters to donors
• Entering and updating our Donor Database
• Creating and maintaining spreadsheets of guests, donations, etc. for our events.
• Accepting donations and providing excellent customer service.
• Ability to pick up and deliver donations a plus.
• Working during events: registration, silent auction, ticket sales, sorting donations or other duties as needed.
Strong computer skills: Word & Excel
Other computer program experience a plus (Publisher, Power Point, etc.)
Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a professional manner.
Ability to search for and find information on the Internet.
Internship can be full or part time. Minimum of 2 days (10 hours)/week.
Some weekends required
Note: This is an UNPAID Internship. College credit can be earned, depending on your school and Internship requirements.
How To Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter, including the dates, days and times that you are available to:
Friends of Joshua House Foundation, Inc.
1515 Michelin Court
Lutz, FL 33549
Note: Following the above instructions regarding how to apply is a very important part of the screening process.