The resources required to provide the children of Joshua House with a caring, stable environment take many forms. Non-monetary donations help us celebrate birthdays, holidays, and other important milestones in each child’s life. Donations also let us provide things that other children may take for granted, such as bedding and school supplies.
Giving to Friends of Joshua House ensures that no child is left without the resources needed to live a full and happy childhood in a safe place. Please consider how you can help children who have been abused, abandoned and neglected.
Below are several ways in which you can help. Cash donations to be used towards the wish list are also accepted and can be made by clicking the Donate icon.
The children at Joshua House range from ages 6-17 and celebrate many milestones while residing at there. Personal gifts provide them with an opportunity to celebrate life events just as other children do. Some suggested donations are:
- Movie passes
- Fast food restaurant gift coupons
- Shopping gift cards
The children at Joshua House need the same personal items as any other child…new shoes, hygiene products, school supplies, etc. These daily necessities help ensure they are well-adjusted and lead as normal a life as possible. Please consider donating the following items to be used for this purpose.
Clothing and Apparel
Please note that children adjust better when they are gifted new clothing.
- Boys: Shorts and pants sizes 8-20 in boy’s and 28-36 in men’s. Shirts sizes in S-XL. Shoes size 5-13 in men. Undergarments, socks and pajamas in sizes S-XL.
- Girls: Jeans, pants and shorts in girl’s sizes 10-16. Shirts sizes S-XL. Shoes Size1-13. Undergarments, socks and pajamas in sizes S-XL.
- Bras and underwear for teenage girls in all sizes, Juniors 0-15/16.
- Gift cards to Ross, Kohls or Target.
- Hair care products, including shampoo, conditioner, styling products, barrettes, combs and brushes. Products are needed for hair of all ethnicities such as Cantu, Blue Magic, Africans Best, Olive Oil, Pink, Lustre Silk & Motions, etc.
- Lotions, make-up, nail care items, perfume, manicure and pedicure sets, etc.
- Girls shaving foam
- Hypoallergenic body wash
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shower caps
- Face wash
- Liquid Hand Soap
- Lip Balm
Bedding (new is appreciated)
- Twin sheet sets
- Twin Comforters
- Comfy throws for each child’s personal use - Girls’ and Boys’ styles, funky and fun
- Any bedding trends seen in your standard department or discount stores are always welcome
- Curtains (84” length)
Small appliances such as vacuum cleaners, toasters, blenders, microwaves, irons, etc. (New please)
Towels and wash clothes
Arts & Crafts
- Paint - water color or acrylic
- Colored glue
- Pipe Cleaners
- Construction paper
- Glue Buttons
- Tissue paper
- Coloring books
Items may also be donated for use by the Friends of Joshua House for silent auctions and fundraising events, such as:
- Gift Cards
- Fine Wines
- Cultural Arts Tickets
- Medical/Dental Services
- Sports Items
- Spa Treatments
- Attraction Tickets
- Vacation Rentals