The resources required to provide the children of Joshua House with a caring, stable environment take many forms. Non-monetary donations help us celebrate birthdays, holidays, and other important milestones in each child’s life. Donations also let us provide things that other children may take for granted, such as bedding and school supplies.
Giving to Friends of Joshua House ensures that no child is left without the resources needed to live a full and happy childhood in a safe place. Please consider how you can help children who have been abused, abandoned and neglected.
Below are several ways in which you can help. Cash donations to be used towards the wish list are also accepted and can be made by clicking the Donate icon.
The children at Joshua House celebrate many milestones while residing at there. Birthdays, report cards, graduations, and more. Personal gifts provide them with an opportunity to celebrate life events just as other children do. Some suggested donations are:
- Gift cards to stores in the Mall, Target, fast food restaurants, and/or movie theatres.
- Large Lego sets
- Headphones / Air Pods
- Gaming systems, controllers, accessories
- Name brand socks, shoes, clothing (Nike, Adidas, PINK, Hollister, etc.)
Clothing and Apparel
We do accept used clothing in great condition, but we always want to give our children new clothing for "Back-to-School" holidays and special occasions. **Please note that we can only accept new socks, underwear and bras, Thank you for understanding.
Items most needed:
Socks, underwear and bras.
- Hypoallergenic body wash
- Face wash
- Body lotion – unscented
- Liquid Hand Soap – individual and refill
- Lip Balm
Bedding (New Please)
- Twin Comforters
- Pillows for beds
- Comfy throws for each child’s personal use - Girls’ and Boys’ styles, funky and fun.
- **Every child is given new bedding when they arrive at Joshua House and they take their bedding with them when they leave. It is one of the small ways that we show our children that they are worthy.
- Dinnerware/flatware/utensils/Servings & cooking utensils
- Pots & pans
- Dish soap & dish towels
- Laundry soap pods (Pods keep children from using too much soap)
- Disinfecting wipes
- All purpose cleaner
- Paper towels
- Bath towels, hand towels and wash clothes
- Masks for children & staff
- Curtains (84” length) with grommets